Louisville, Ky. (August 11, 2023) – Today, the Daniel Cameron for Governor campaign announced it will participate in a series of debates to demonstrate the clear contrast in visions between the two candidates in this election.
“I fully believe we should agree to a robust debate schedule in order to fully inform voters about the contrasting visions in this race,” Daniel Cameron said. “I am convinced the more time Andy Beshear and I spend debating the issues, the more voters will realize his vision is inconsistent with the values of the men, women, and children of Kentucky’s 120 counties. Under a Cameron Administration, we will grow our economy, improve educational outcomes, and restore law and order to our streets.”
Under the debate schedule accepted by Attorney General Cameron, the campaign has agreed in principle to participate in the following debates and forums, pending further discussions with the hosts:
- July 26 – “Measure the Candidates” Forum hosted by the Kentucky Farm Bureau (Cameron participated; Beshear declined.)
- September 20 – Gubernatorial Forum hosted by The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- September 28 – FOX 56 / WDRB / Nexstar Debate
- October (exact date TBD) – The Gubernatorial Forum hosted by the Bowling Green Daily News & Boone Newsmedia Newspapers
- October 3 – Spectrum News 1 Debate hosted by Spectrum News 1 Louisville
- October 12 – Political Forum hosted by the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce
- October 23 – The Kentucky Tonight Debate hosted by KET
- October 24 – The Kentucky Debate hosted by WKYT
In addition to these debates, State Senator Robby Mills will participate in the lieutenant governor candidate debate hosted by KET on October 30. The campaign is also reviewing other requests as they are received.